Saturday, January 26, 2013

Unconditional Love



I saw the sweetest thing today. This older couple was walking down the sidewalk. The husband pushed his walker as his wife walked closely beside him. They suddenly stopped and the wife whips out a handkerchief, wipes his nose and allowed him to blow. WOW! If you had seen this, it was such a warm sight. However, after the moment, I couldn’t help but think about the germs.

My Husband and I:
At my present age, I’m like “babe, you have something on your nose” or “your nose looks like it is running…here.” He will joke and say, “Get it”! Me: “No, You got it. Handle that!” And I think I love him unconditionally! However, I caught a glimpse of something "super" special. 

Revelation:
The deeper revelation for me was this: “Whose germs will you let rub off on you so that you may be more Christlike?” Think about that. 

Are we so super clean that we are repulsed by others and their germs (problems).  Are we afraid to be sneezed on or visit someone in the hospital because we don’t want to catch what they have? Do we not befriend people because “they just have too many issues”? However, if we look in the mirror, we have just as many issues or more. Not to mention, if we were tested for germs, we’d find so many that are invisible to the naked eye that we would freak out.

Christ took our dirty sins to the cross because He loves us unconditionally!  Whose germs will you let rub off on you to be more Christlike?

Lord, teach us your ways. Teach us to love one another unconditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment