Monday, June 24, 2013

My Body! My Temple!

Since my physical body is the dwelling place for the Holy Spirit, I must do the right thing by it. I can’t just eat healthy and not exercise. I can’t just exercise and put whatever I like in my body. I can’t just eat healthy, exercise, and neglect my spirit man. No, I have to perform it all. When my body is healthy, I don’t have to waste energy worrying about it and lose sight of Jesus. In other words, keeping my temple healthy allows my spirit to soar, and I can continue being who God has called me to be. Stop allowing Satan to make nasty deposits in our spirit and sabotaging where God wants to take us by making us slaves within our bodies.

If maintaining your temple is a problem, I invite you to lay this issue at the feet of Jesus. He can help you get healthy. There’s no need to be bigger than you have to be. Weight is an obstacle! Don’t let the devil lie to you! It can hold you back. I talk about ‘big’ because that applies to me. Nonetheless, there is another side of the coin where people are starving themselves. That’s not good either. Don’t abuse the body… period. An unhealthy body is a workshop for the enemy because He knows that your guard is down. Therefore, he wiggles in and deposits self-esteem issues, image problems, and many other spiritually detrimental lies.


You don’t have to kill yourself being somebody that God didn’t create you to be. Just be a healthy you, who strives daily to eat healthy, eating everything in moderation, and getting exercise. However, if you seek God on this issue, he will enlighten you and show you where to begin improving.
Don’t get me wrong—God designed us to be different shapes and sizes. I’m not saying don’t be who God created you to be. I am saying to you with your beautifully designed self, ‘be healthy’. God created us uniquely, and we are His. We will look differently, act differently, but we share the same designer. Just because we are God’s beautiful design, we are not given a pass to unhealthy living. I challenge you to seek God with your all and watch Him work in what you see.

Excerpt From: Lorieen D. Henry. “There Is a Miracle in 21.” Xlibris, 2012-08-24. iBooks. 
This material may be protected by copyright.

No comments:

Post a Comment