Thursday, June 27, 2013

My Season of Seasoning


Being a writer, I’m always putting my thoughts down. It would be wonderful if I could sit and pump out 2000-5000 words at a time. Those are words on the same subject. (LOL) Anyway, 170 days ago, I found myself feeling alone so I had a conversation with God. God gets straight to the point!

ME: Lord, help me to maintain my saltiness and to shine my light brightly. When the enemy tries to shake the salt out of me and strip me of my light, I need your reinforcement. Please continue seasoning me with salt and bathing me in the light of your Word.
I cry out to you based on my feelings of loneliness in this season. All my relationships are estranged! Even those closest to me seem so far away. It’s crazy! And not to mention, it’s disturbing and discouraging.

However, I know this is all a part of your plan that I may know my true flavor…exactly what seasonings you’ve poured into me. Seasoned for such a time as this doesn’t feel good. And I am aware that I’m not supposed to entertain my feelings, but this place is uncomfortable…it’s lonely!

It’s time for me to dig my heels in and work (in prayer and in the Word) harder than ever before!
But just one question God: Where is my angel entourage? And why am I walking alone again? Okay, maybe that was two questions.

GOD: You are NOT alone! You are in my Army. When I left the earth, I left the Comforter…your teacher. As for everyone being at a distance, that’s by design. Class is in session just for you! I will NOT share you! This is your Seasoning Season.


Matthew 5:13-14 You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.

No comments:

Post a Comment