Monday, December 10, 2012

The Most Powerful Relationship


Often time we experience what we believe to be a relationship, but it is merely fantasy. It is our imaginative picture of what our hearts desire. We pour our all into this fantasy only to find out later on that it was not the genuine relationship that we desired in the first place. How does this happen? I will get back to the how in a minute. But I can tell you this happens often…why? We are thirsty! We were created by God to desire relationship with others. However, our pictures become distorted by not making JESUS our first choice of relationships. That’s how we become distracted, misled or bamboozled.

There was an old song that I recall that went like this…”I found the answer when I learned to pray”. PRAY!
GOD has graced my life with many seasonal relationships. Those relationships hurt because I didn’t understand their purpose. Seasonal relationships are to prepare us for our next work. It is a ministry within a ministry. Seasonal relationships are NOT meant to last a lifetime nor are they intended to sustain us for long periods of time. THEY ARE SEASONAL AND SEASONS CHANGE…PEOPLE CHANGE!

BE THIRSTY FOR THE ONE WHO QUENCHES OUR EVERY THIRST AND FULFILLS OUR EVERY DESIRE! HIS NAME IS JESUS! GET TO KNOW HIM!

HOW? It’s simple so repeat these words: FATHER, I WANT TO KNOW YOU!!! Then, start having a REAL conversation with GOD. It’s a life changing…life sustaining relationship. It’s the MOST POWERFUL RELATIONSHIP!!

amazon.com/author/lorieenhenry

No comments:

Post a Comment